Alexander began playing tennis at age 2 with his father Stanislav. His favourite surface is hard, shot is serve. Alexander’s team is made of his coaches Boris Sopkin and Artem Suprunov working in synergy to support him. Alexander turned professional in 2016 and debuted in Top 200, Top 150 and Top 100 in 2017. He reached his career high ranking in February 2022.
Alexander is the #1 player in Kazakhstan and a member of the National Team. Together with his fellow countrymen, they reached the Quarter-finals in the 2021 Davis Cup. Alexander represented his country in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
ATP Tour singles achievements:
Winner in Montpellier (ATP 250)
– Finals in Antalya, Singapore (ATP 250),
– Semi-finals in Nur-Sultan, Newport (ATP 250)
– Quarter-finals in Miami, Madrid (ATP 1000)
– 3rd Round in Wimbledon (Grand Slam)
– Finals in Newport, Chengdu (ATP 250)
ATP Tour doubles achievements:
2021: Runner-up in Roland-Garros with Andrey Golubev (KAZ)
2020: Reached SF with countryman Kukushkin at the Australian Open.